Central team visits Odisha to assess damages
Bhubaneswar: An Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT) led by Ministry of Home Affairs Joint Secretary Rashmi Goel arrived here for an on the spot assessment of damages occurred due to Cyclone Phailin and subsequent floods.
The 11-member-Central team during their four-day tour, will make an assessment of the damages caused due to the twin calamities.
"We will visit the worst cyclone-hit and worst flood-affected districts of Odisha," Goel told reporters at the airport here.
Special Relief Commissioner Pradipta Kumar Mohapatra said, "The IMCT is divided into two groups and will visit the most affected districts like Ganjam, Puri, Balasore and Mayurbhanj."
Senior scientist of Cuttack`s Central Rice Research Institute (CRRI) SC Patnaik and its crop production head K S Rao will assist the teams during their field visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress