Congress demands CBI probe into kids death case
Bhubaneswar: Holding Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik responsible for the death of 7 children in a wall collapse at an Anganwadi centre operating in a state-run school in Nayagarh district, opposition Congress today demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"We demand a CBI probe into the incident in which seven kids were killed due to the callous attitude of the state government," Odisha PCC chief spokesman Nurasingha Mishra told reporters here.
Holding chief minister, who also holds charge of women and child development department, responsible, he said "Patnaik should own moral responsibility for the incident."
The government, he said, must also take action against senior officers responsible for the tragic incident, which occurred in a state-run upper primary school on July 9.
The OPCC spokesman also demanded a CBI probe into the death of dalit woman Sasmita Mallick yesterday in a Cuttack hospital in Cuttack after being assaulted and allegedly paraded naked in her village in Jagatsinghpur district.
Though the police had arrested four persons in this connection, the main accused was still at large, he added.
Sasmita was attacked on June 14 in her native village Mangarajpur allegedly by some of her neighbourers over a trivial issue. She was also allegedly paraded naked by the accused and brutally thrashed which caused her serious head injuries and multiple fractures.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know