Congress demands CBI probe into kids death case
Bhubaneswar: Holding Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik responsible for the death of 7 children in a wall collapse at an Anganwadi centre operating in a state-run school in Nayagarh district, opposition Congress today demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"We demand a CBI probe into the incident in which seven kids were killed due to the callous attitude of the state government," Odisha PCC chief spokesman Nurasingha Mishra told reporters here.
Holding chief minister, who also holds charge of women and child development department, responsible, he said "Patnaik should own moral responsibility for the incident."
The government, he said, must also take action against senior officers responsible for the tragic incident, which occurred in a state-run upper primary school on July 9.
The OPCC spokesman also demanded a CBI probe into the death of dalit woman Sasmita Mallick yesterday in a Cuttack hospital in Cuttack after being assaulted and allegedly paraded naked in her village in Jagatsinghpur district.
Though the police had arrested four persons in this connection, the main accused was still at large, he added.
Sasmita was attacked on June 14 in her native village Mangarajpur allegedly by some of her neighbourers over a trivial issue. She was also allegedly paraded naked by the accused and brutally thrashed which caused her serious head injuries and multiple fractures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill