Congress demands CBI probe into kids death case
Bhubaneswar: Holding Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik responsible for the death of 7 children in a wall collapse at an Anganwadi centre operating in a state-run school in Nayagarh district, opposition Congress today demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"We demand a CBI probe into the incident in which seven kids were killed due to the callous attitude of the state government," Odisha PCC chief spokesman Nurasingha Mishra told reporters here.
Holding chief minister, who also holds charge of women and child development department, responsible, he said "Patnaik should own moral responsibility for the incident."
The government, he said, must also take action against senior officers responsible for the tragic incident, which occurred in a state-run upper primary school on July 9.
The OPCC spokesman also demanded a CBI probe into the death of dalit woman Sasmita Mallick yesterday in a Cuttack hospital in Cuttack after being assaulted and allegedly paraded naked in her village in Jagatsinghpur district.
Though the police had arrested four persons in this connection, the main accused was still at large, he added.
Sasmita was attacked on June 14 in her native village Mangarajpur allegedly by some of her neighbourers over a trivial issue. She was also allegedly paraded naked by the accused and brutally thrashed which caused her serious head injuries and multiple fractures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!