Congress demands CBI probe into kids death case
Bhubaneswar: Holding Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik responsible for the death of 7 children in a wall collapse at an Anganwadi centre operating in a state-run school in Nayagarh district, opposition Congress today demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"We demand a CBI probe into the incident in which seven kids were killed due to the callous attitude of the state government," Odisha PCC chief spokesman Nurasingha Mishra told reporters here.
Holding chief minister, who also holds charge of women and child development department, responsible, he said "Patnaik should own moral responsibility for the incident."
The government, he said, must also take action against senior officers responsible for the tragic incident, which occurred in a state-run upper primary school on July 9.
The OPCC spokesman also demanded a CBI probe into the death of dalit woman Sasmita Mallick yesterday in a Cuttack hospital in Cuttack after being assaulted and allegedly paraded naked in her village in Jagatsinghpur district.
Though the police had arrested four persons in this connection, the main accused was still at large, he added.
Sasmita was attacked on June 14 in her native village Mangarajpur allegedly by some of her neighbourers over a trivial issue. She was also allegedly paraded naked by the accused and brutally thrashed which caused her serious head injuries and multiple fractures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!