Congress demands CBI probe into kids death case
Bhubaneswar: Holding Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik responsible for the death of 7 children in a wall collapse at an Anganwadi centre operating in a state-run school in Nayagarh district, opposition Congress today demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"We demand a CBI probe into the incident in which seven kids were killed due to the callous attitude of the state government," Odisha PCC chief spokesman Nurasingha Mishra told reporters here.
Holding chief minister, who also holds charge of women and child development department, responsible, he said "Patnaik should own moral responsibility for the incident."
The government, he said, must also take action against senior officers responsible for the tragic incident, which occurred in a state-run upper primary school on July 9.
The OPCC spokesman also demanded a CBI probe into the death of dalit woman Sasmita Mallick yesterday in a Cuttack hospital in Cuttack after being assaulted and allegedly paraded naked in her village in Jagatsinghpur district.
Though the police had arrested four persons in this connection, the main accused was still at large, he added.
Sasmita was attacked on June 14 in her native village Mangarajpur allegedly by some of her neighbourers over a trivial issue. She was also allegedly paraded naked by the accused and brutally thrashed which caused her serious head injuries and multiple fractures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj