Court acquits 31 persons in Kandhamal violence
Phulbani: A Fast Track court
here has acquitted 31 persons who had been accused of being involved in communal violence in Odisha`s Kandhamal district
in August 2008.
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track court-2, B N Mishra while pronouncing judgement in an arson and rioting
case, acquitted the 31 accused yesterday due to lack of proper
It had been alleged by the prosecution that the
accused persons had set fire to houses of people belonging to
minority community in village Dakedi under G.udayagiri police
station in August 2008 during Kandhamal riots, Additional
Public Prosecutor S P Tripathy said.
Communally sensitive Kandhamal district had witnessed
largescale violence in the aftermath of the killing of VHP
leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch