Court acquits 31 persons in Kandhamal violence
Phulbani: A Fast Track court
here has acquitted 31 persons who had been accused of being involved in communal violence in Odisha`s Kandhamal district
in August 2008.
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track court-2, B N Mishra while pronouncing judgement in an arson and rioting
case, acquitted the 31 accused yesterday due to lack of proper
It had been alleged by the prosecution that the
accused persons had set fire to houses of people belonging to
minority community in village Dakedi under G.udayagiri police
station in August 2008 during Kandhamal riots, Additional
Public Prosecutor S P Tripathy said.
Communally sensitive Kandhamal district had witnessed
largescale violence in the aftermath of the killing of VHP
leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government