Court acquits 31 persons in Kandhamal violence
Phulbani: A Fast Track court
here has acquitted 31 persons who had been accused of being involved in communal violence in Odisha`s Kandhamal district
in August 2008.
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track court-2, B N Mishra while pronouncing judgement in an arson and rioting
case, acquitted the 31 accused yesterday due to lack of proper
It had been alleged by the prosecution that the
accused persons had set fire to houses of people belonging to
minority community in village Dakedi under G.udayagiri police
station in August 2008 during Kandhamal riots, Additional
Public Prosecutor S P Tripathy said.
Communally sensitive Kandhamal district had witnessed
largescale violence in the aftermath of the killing of VHP
leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray