Court acquits 31 persons in Kandhamal violence
Phulbani: A Fast Track court
here has acquitted 31 persons who had been accused of being involved in communal violence in Odisha`s Kandhamal district
in August 2008.
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track court-2, B N Mishra while pronouncing judgement in an arson and rioting
case, acquitted the 31 accused yesterday due to lack of proper
It had been alleged by the prosecution that the
accused persons had set fire to houses of people belonging to
minority community in village Dakedi under G.udayagiri police
station in August 2008 during Kandhamal riots, Additional
Public Prosecutor S P Tripathy said.
Communally sensitive Kandhamal district had witnessed
largescale violence in the aftermath of the killing of VHP
leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach