Court acquits 31 persons in Kandhamal violence
Phulbani: A Fast Track court
here has acquitted 31 persons who had been accused of being involved in communal violence in Odisha`s Kandhamal district
in August 2008.
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track court-2, B N Mishra while pronouncing judgement in an arson and rioting
case, acquitted the 31 accused yesterday due to lack of proper
It had been alleged by the prosecution that the
accused persons had set fire to houses of people belonging to
minority community in village Dakedi under G.udayagiri police
station in August 2008 during Kandhamal riots, Additional
Public Prosecutor S P Tripathy said.
Communally sensitive Kandhamal district had witnessed
largescale violence in the aftermath of the killing of VHP
leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security