Court orders DNA test on Bitti Mohanty
Kannur: A Sessions Court here on Friday ordered DNA test on Bitti Mohanty to obtain scientific proof for establishing his identity following his arrest in March this year after being on the run for several years.
Bitti remained absconding by jumping bail following his conviction for raping of a German woman at Alwar in Jaipur.
Additional Sessions Judge K V Jayakumar issued the order today on Kerala Police`s plea seeking permission of the test to obtain scientific proof for establishing Bitti`s identity, who had been impersonating here as Raghav Rajan.
Earlier, a magistrate court at Payannur in the district had rejected the police plea for DNA test.
Bitti, son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, had been living in Kannur for last two years as Raghav Rajan and had obtained a bank job before he was arrested on March 9 by the Kerala Police.
Bitti was charged with impersonation, cheating and forgery.
After his arrest, a police team was sent to Odisha to question Bitti`s father and he had subsequently identified his son through photographs shown to him.
After jumping bail, Bitti had spent few months in Puttaparthi, where he had enrolled as student in a private institution in Kannur allegedly using forged documents, before obtaining a bank job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev