Dacoits loot bank in Baripada
Baripada (Orissa): Armed dacoits looted
over Rs six lakh from a branch of Bank of India in Orissa`s
Mayurbhanj district today, police said.
Five men on two motor-cycles and armed with pistols,
struck at the bank`s Chatani branch under Bishoi police
station, about 55 km from here around noon, and two of them
positioned themselves at the main door.
The three others stormed into the bank and took away
mobile phones from the staff and about ten customers before
entering the manager`s room to snatch the locker and
strongroom keys, they said.
The docoits took away the keys after hitting manager
Bijay Dandpat on head and decamped with over Rupees six lakh,
bank officials said.
Eyewitnesses said the dacoits fled on their bikes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez