Dacoits loot bank in Baripada
Baripada (Orissa): Armed dacoits looted
over Rs six lakh from a branch of Bank of India in Orissa`s
Mayurbhanj district today, police said.
Five men on two motor-cycles and armed with pistols,
struck at the bank`s Chatani branch under Bishoi police
station, about 55 km from here around noon, and two of them
positioned themselves at the main door.
The three others stormed into the bank and took away
mobile phones from the staff and about ten customers before
entering the manager`s room to snatch the locker and
strongroom keys, they said.
The docoits took away the keys after hitting manager
Bijay Dandpat on head and decamped with over Rupees six lakh,
bank officials said.
Eyewitnesses said the dacoits fled on their bikes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah