Dacoits loot bank in Baripada
Baripada (Orissa): Armed dacoits looted
over Rs six lakh from a branch of Bank of India in Orissa`s
Mayurbhanj district today, police said.
Five men on two motor-cycles and armed with pistols,
struck at the bank`s Chatani branch under Bishoi police
station, about 55 km from here around noon, and two of them
positioned themselves at the main door.
The three others stormed into the bank and took away
mobile phones from the staff and about ten customers before
entering the manager`s room to snatch the locker and
strongroom keys, they said.
The docoits took away the keys after hitting manager
Bijay Dandpat on head and decamped with over Rupees six lakh,
bank officials said.
Eyewitnesses said the dacoits fled on their bikes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics