EC shifts three DMs, one DIG in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Election Commission has shifted three district magistrates and a DIG rank police officer from their places of posting after they were accused of failing to maintain neutrality in their functioning.
The EC took the action after different political parties lodged complaint against the officers two days ago accusing them of not maintaining impartiality and neutrality in their functioning, EC sources said.
ECI has appointed Labour Commissioner Shalini Pandit as the new Collector of Khurda district in place of Niranjan Sahu while Director, Special Project Panchayati Raj Nitin Bhanudas Jawle will replace Ratnakar Rout as the District Magistrate of Kendrapara district.
Project Director, District Rural Development Agency Md Sadique Alam is the new District Magistrate of Nabarangpur in place of S S Nayak.
Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Southern Range, Amitav Thakur has been replaced by IG Sushant Nath as per the order of the EC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok