Fire renders 70 families homeless in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: More than 70 families were rendered homeless after a fire broke out in Orissa`s Dhenkanal district Wednesday, an official said.
A fire broke out in Kanpura village, about 120 km from here. Four fire tenders rushed to the village to douse the flames. This is the fifth fire that has broken out in the past week. The repeated incidents have destroyed over 500 homes.
"This is the fifth time that a fire has broken out, destroying thatched houses in the village," sub-divisional officer Babaji Charan Das said.
"We have ordered an inquiry into the serial fire accidents as we suspect some foul play behind the repeated incidents," he added.
Over 300 families were displaced on April 21 after a fire engulfed their homes in Kanpura village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur