Fire renders 70 families homeless in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: More than 70 families were rendered homeless after a fire broke out in Orissa`s Dhenkanal district Wednesday, an official said.
A fire broke out in Kanpura village, about 120 km from here. Four fire tenders rushed to the village to douse the flames. This is the fifth fire that has broken out in the past week. The repeated incidents have destroyed over 500 homes.
"This is the fifth time that a fire has broken out, destroying thatched houses in the village," sub-divisional officer Babaji Charan Das said.
"We have ordered an inquiry into the serial fire accidents as we suspect some foul play behind the repeated incidents," he added.
Over 300 families were displaced on April 21 after a fire engulfed their homes in Kanpura village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration