Fire renders 70 families homeless in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: More than 70 families were rendered homeless after a fire broke out in Orissa`s Dhenkanal district Wednesday, an official said.
A fire broke out in Kanpura village, about 120 km from here. Four fire tenders rushed to the village to douse the flames. This is the fifth fire that has broken out in the past week. The repeated incidents have destroyed over 500 homes.
"This is the fifth time that a fire has broken out, destroying thatched houses in the village," sub-divisional officer Babaji Charan Das said.
"We have ordered an inquiry into the serial fire accidents as we suspect some foul play behind the repeated incidents," he added.
Over 300 families were displaced on April 21 after a fire engulfed their homes in Kanpura village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda