Fire renders 70 families homeless in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: More than 70 families were rendered homeless after a fire broke out in Orissa`s Dhenkanal district Wednesday, an official said.
A fire broke out in Kanpura village, about 120 km from here. Four fire tenders rushed to the village to douse the flames. This is the fifth fire that has broken out in the past week. The repeated incidents have destroyed over 500 homes.
"This is the fifth time that a fire has broken out, destroying thatched houses in the village," sub-divisional officer Babaji Charan Das said.
"We have ordered an inquiry into the serial fire accidents as we suspect some foul play behind the repeated incidents," he added.
Over 300 families were displaced on April 21 after a fire engulfed their homes in Kanpura village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees