Five arrested for Maoist links in Odisha
Sambalpur: Five persons were arrested for allegedly providing logistic support to Maoists in Rairakhol area of Sambalpur district, police said on Tuesday.
"The five arrested persons are sympathisers of Maoists. They had come to Rairakhol market to purchase some goods for the ultras. We arrested them while they were going back in an auto rickshaw on the weekend," Deputy Superintendent of Police of Rairakhol, Abakash Raoutray said.
Police have seized 40 items including medicines, Maoist literature, uniform and footwear besides Rs 16,920 from them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman