Five arrested for Maoist links in Odisha
Sambalpur: Five persons were arrested for allegedly providing logistic support to Maoists in Rairakhol area of Sambalpur district, police said on Tuesday.
"The five arrested persons are sympathisers of Maoists. They had come to Rairakhol market to purchase some goods for the ultras. We arrested them while they were going back in an auto rickshaw on the weekend," Deputy Superintendent of Police of Rairakhol, Abakash Raoutray said.
Police have seized 40 items including medicines, Maoist literature, uniform and footwear besides Rs 16,920 from them, he said.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception