HC poser to Odisha govt on Italian tourist death
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has asked the state government to provide details of action taken on the issue of the death of an Italian tourist suffering from encephalitis.
The High Court while hearing the PIL adjourned the matter till February 11.
After perusing the enquiry report of the collector on the "controversial" death of the tourist, a division bench of Justices Indrajit Mohanti and Raghuvir Dash asked the state government to file its reply within two weeks.
Earlier, as asked, the central division revenue commissioner had submitted the collector`s enquiry report to the HC in a sealed cover. Similarly, the hospital superintendent had also submitted all medical documents of the tourist Sebastian Rosario Contiguglia to the court, which were opened on the day and perused.
A city-based social organisation through its counsel Prabir Kumar Das had filed a PIL in the HC seeking an independent enquiry into the death of the 63-year-old foreign tourist, who was admitted to a hospital after suffering from encephalitis. The petition had alleged that the tourist died last month due to negligence in treatment and care.
Based on media reports, the petitioner had alleged that the tourist was shifted to a general ward from the ICU on the day Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik visited the ICU to meet an ailing senior party legislator.
While in the general ward, the ailing tourist was not provided with an attendant, as a result he had fallen from the bed aggravating his condition, the petitioner had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow