Headmaster suspended for misappropriating funds in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): The headmaster of a government-run primary school has been suspended for misappropriating over Rs 5 lakh grant earmarked for school infrastructure development project, official sources said on Wednesday.
The headmaster of Kora upgraded primary school had withdrawn Rs 5.45 lakh grants that had been sanctioned for construction of two new class rooms. The construction work remained incomplete and he had failed to submit the utilization certificate despite the total withdrawal of the sanctioned grants by him, the sources said.
A departmental inquiry found him guilty, the sources said.
The suspension was confirmed by Kendrapara district collector Niranjan Nayak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred