Headmaster suspended for misappropriating funds in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): The headmaster of a government-run primary school has been suspended for misappropriating over Rs 5 lakh grant earmarked for school infrastructure development project, official sources said on Wednesday.
The headmaster of Kora upgraded primary school had withdrawn Rs 5.45 lakh grants that had been sanctioned for construction of two new class rooms. The construction work remained incomplete and he had failed to submit the utilization certificate despite the total withdrawal of the sanctioned grants by him, the sources said.
A departmental inquiry found him guilty, the sources said.
The suspension was confirmed by Kendrapara district collector Niranjan Nayak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel