Headmaster suspended for misappropriating funds in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): The headmaster of a government-run primary school has been suspended for misappropriating over Rs 5 lakh grant earmarked for school infrastructure development project, official sources said on Wednesday.
The headmaster of Kora upgraded primary school had withdrawn Rs 5.45 lakh grants that had been sanctioned for construction of two new class rooms. The construction work remained incomplete and he had failed to submit the utilization certificate despite the total withdrawal of the sanctioned grants by him, the sources said.
A departmental inquiry found him guilty, the sources said.
The suspension was confirmed by Kendrapara district collector Niranjan Nayak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you