Headmaster suspended for misappropriating funds in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): The headmaster of a government-run primary school has been suspended for misappropriating over Rs 5 lakh grant earmarked for school infrastructure development project, official sources said on Wednesday.
The headmaster of Kora upgraded primary school had withdrawn Rs 5.45 lakh grants that had been sanctioned for construction of two new class rooms. The construction work remained incomplete and he had failed to submit the utilization certificate despite the total withdrawal of the sanctioned grants by him, the sources said.
A departmental inquiry found him guilty, the sources said.
The suspension was confirmed by Kendrapara district collector Niranjan Nayak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling