Horse-trading: BJP MLAs sit demands debate
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Assembly on Saturday witnessed
uproarious scenes as opposition Congress and BJP MLAs demanded
a debate on alleged horse trading during last year`s Rajya
Sabha polls and "deteriorating" law and order situation across
The opposition members rushed to the well and raised
slogans demanding the debate as speaker Pradip Kumar Amat
asked the cooperation minister Prafulla Samal to proceed with
the amendment Bill of his department.
While BJP members sat on dharna in the well, Congress
MLAs were up accusing the government of fearing discussion on
"As today is the last day of the monsoon session, the
speaker should allow discussion on issues concerning public
interest," Leader of the Opposition Leader, Bhupinder Singh of
Suggesting the speaker to extend the session by some days
if the government feels that important bills are not passed,
Singh said he was denied opportunity to speak during the
Opposition members also demanded tabling of Lokpal`s
special report in the House as directed by the Governor.
However, the speaker, did not listen to the opposition
members. "Even he did not accept two privilege motions moved
by our members," Singh alleged.
Amat, however, said that he could not allow any
on adjournment motion due to pendency of several bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected