JMM leader released from jail in Odisha
Baripada (Odisha): JMM Odisha president Sudam Marandi along with 29 others were released from jail on Wednesday after spending 27 days in the custody.
Additional District Judge Asant Kumar Das granted bail to Marandi and remaining 29 activists who were booked under Arms Act. Marandi along with other activists were released on Rs 20,000 property securities each.
Marandi was arrested with 98 JMM activists on November 23 over an alleged scuffle with ruling BJD workers at Baripada bus stand.
Earlier on December 14, the district sessions judge had granted bail to 68 JMM activists and released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy