JMM leader released from jail in Odisha
Baripada (Odisha): JMM Odisha president Sudam Marandi along with 29 others were released from jail on Wednesday after spending 27 days in the custody.
Additional District Judge Asant Kumar Das granted bail to Marandi and remaining 29 activists who were booked under Arms Act. Marandi along with other activists were released on Rs 20,000 property securities each.
Marandi was arrested with 98 JMM activists on November 23 over an alleged scuffle with ruling BJD workers at Baripada bus stand.
Earlier on December 14, the district sessions judge had granted bail to 68 JMM activists and released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued