JMM leader released from jail in Odisha
Baripada (Odisha): JMM Odisha president Sudam Marandi along with 29 others were released from jail on Wednesday after spending 27 days in the custody.
Additional District Judge Asant Kumar Das granted bail to Marandi and remaining 29 activists who were booked under Arms Act. Marandi along with other activists were released on Rs 20,000 property securities each.
Marandi was arrested with 98 JMM activists on November 23 over an alleged scuffle with ruling BJD workers at Baripada bus stand.
Earlier on December 14, the district sessions judge had granted bail to 68 JMM activists and released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state