KV Singhdeo new president of Odisha BJP
Bhubaneswar: BJP leader K V Singhdeo has been appointed the new president of BJP`s Odisha unit, party sources said on Sunday.
A four-time MLA and former minister, Singhdeo is now all set to lead the saffron party in 2014 polls after being appointed by BJP President Rajnath Singh.
Singhdeo, who is now the BJP legislature party leader in Odisha Assembly, replaces Jual Oram whose tenure ended in December 2012.
The Patnagarh MLA has been hogging the limelight for the past couple of days amid reports that BJP high command had zeroed in on the political heavyweight from Western Odisha, which happened to be a saffron stronghold.
As soon as the message about Singhdeo`s appointment was received, jubilation erupted at the state BJP headquarter here with party workers bursting crackers, distributing sweets and dancing to drum beats.
Singhdeo, who is currently away from Bhubaneswar, expressed confidence that the party would be able to put up an impressive show in the elections due in 2014 through united efforts by all leaders and workers.
The party would go to the masses with development as its main agenda, he said adding he would hold discussions with senior party leaders on strategies to be adopted to strengthen BJP and shape it up for the polls.
Welcoming Singhdeo`s appointment, Jual Oram said the new state party chief would get cooperation from all.
BJP national secretary and Rajya Sabha MP Dharmendra Pradhan said the party would take steps at the grassroots level to rejuvenate the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves