KV Singhdeo new president of Odisha BJP
Bhubaneswar: BJP leader K V Singhdeo has been appointed the new president of BJP`s Odisha unit, party sources said on Sunday.
A four-time MLA and former minister, Singhdeo is now all set to lead the saffron party in 2014 polls after being appointed by BJP President Rajnath Singh.
Singhdeo, who is now the BJP legislature party leader in Odisha Assembly, replaces Jual Oram whose tenure ended in December 2012.
The Patnagarh MLA has been hogging the limelight for the past couple of days amid reports that BJP high command had zeroed in on the political heavyweight from Western Odisha, which happened to be a saffron stronghold.
As soon as the message about Singhdeo`s appointment was received, jubilation erupted at the state BJP headquarter here with party workers bursting crackers, distributing sweets and dancing to drum beats.
Singhdeo, who is currently away from Bhubaneswar, expressed confidence that the party would be able to put up an impressive show in the elections due in 2014 through united efforts by all leaders and workers.
The party would go to the masses with development as its main agenda, he said adding he would hold discussions with senior party leaders on strategies to be adopted to strengthen BJP and shape it up for the polls.
Welcoming Singhdeo`s appointment, Jual Oram said the new state party chief would get cooperation from all.
BJP national secretary and Rajya Sabha MP Dharmendra Pradhan said the party would take steps at the grassroots level to rejuvenate the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list