Lifer for man for rape-murder of 4-yr girl in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment after convicting him for rape and murder of a four-year-old girl in Odisha`s Balasore district.
District and Sessions Judge V Jayasree awarded life imprisonment and penalty of Rs 15,000 to 24-year-old Daitari Singh of Jhanapura village under Industrial Police Station area on charge of rape and murder of the minor girl.
The judge pronounced the sentence on the basis of evidence given by 10 persons.
According to prosecution, Singh raped and killed the minor girl of Bilaparia village after luring her with a chocolate in April, 2010.
"In a bid to destroy evidence, Singh had smashed the girl`s head by using a stone," the government advocate said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir