Lifer for man for rape-murder of 4-yr girl in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment after convicting him for rape and murder of a four-year-old girl in Odisha`s Balasore district.
District and Sessions Judge V Jayasree awarded life imprisonment and penalty of Rs 15,000 to 24-year-old Daitari Singh of Jhanapura village under Industrial Police Station area on charge of rape and murder of the minor girl.
The judge pronounced the sentence on the basis of evidence given by 10 persons.
According to prosecution, Singh raped and killed the minor girl of Bilaparia village after luring her with a chocolate in April, 2010.
"In a bid to destroy evidence, Singh had smashed the girl`s head by using a stone," the government advocate said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai