Lifer for man for rape-murder of 4-yr girl in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment after convicting him for rape and murder of a four-year-old girl in Odisha`s Balasore district.
District and Sessions Judge V Jayasree awarded life imprisonment and penalty of Rs 15,000 to 24-year-old Daitari Singh of Jhanapura village under Industrial Police Station area on charge of rape and murder of the minor girl.
The judge pronounced the sentence on the basis of evidence given by 10 persons.
According to prosecution, Singh raped and killed the minor girl of Bilaparia village after luring her with a chocolate in April, 2010.
"In a bid to destroy evidence, Singh had smashed the girl`s head by using a stone," the government advocate said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!