Lightning claims 15 lives in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: At least 15 people were killed
and 21 others injured after being struck by lightning in
different places of Orissa, official sources said on Wednesday.
Most of the victims were working in the field when
lightning struck them during heavy rains last evening, the
Nine deaths, three each in Kendrapara, Cuttack and
Khurda districts were reported due to separate lightning
incidents, Revenue and Disaster Management Minister, S N Patro
One person each died in Jharsuguda, Jajpur, Keonjhar,
Nayagarh, Sonepur and Balasore districts, he said.
Six persons were injured in lightning in Godeisahipatna
of Khurda district, while five in Begunia, two in Nayagarh,
two in Subarnapur, two in Cuttack district and four in
Kendrapara, he said.
At least ten people were killed in separate lightning
incidents in the state on Monday, sources said.
The district officials have been asked to send
detailed report about the incidents after which Rs 50,000
each would be provided to the families of the deceased persons
as financial assistance, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday