Lightning claims 15 lives in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: At least 15 people were killed
and 21 others injured after being struck by lightning in
different places of Orissa, official sources said on Wednesday.
Most of the victims were working in the field when
lightning struck them during heavy rains last evening, the
Nine deaths, three each in Kendrapara, Cuttack and
Khurda districts were reported due to separate lightning
incidents, Revenue and Disaster Management Minister, S N Patro
One person each died in Jharsuguda, Jajpur, Keonjhar,
Nayagarh, Sonepur and Balasore districts, he said.
Six persons were injured in lightning in Godeisahipatna
of Khurda district, while five in Begunia, two in Nayagarh,
two in Subarnapur, two in Cuttack district and four in
Kendrapara, he said.
At least ten people were killed in separate lightning
incidents in the state on Monday, sources said.
The district officials have been asked to send
detailed report about the incidents after which Rs 50,000
each would be provided to the families of the deceased persons
as financial assistance, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state