Man sentenced to life imprisonment for killing mother in Odisha
Balasore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment on charge of killing his mother and injuring his younger brother.
Balasore sessions judge Mrs V Jayashree today awarded life term to Ramchandra Ojha with penalty of Rs 10,000 and in default to undergo another six-month term after convicting him in the murder case.
Ojha (35), a resident of Madhupura village under Kamarda police station, had on May 21 2010, attacked his mother Tulsi and his younger brother Laxman with a chopper.
While his mother died, Laxman survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport