Man sentenced to life imprisonment for killing mother in Odisha
Balasore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment on charge of killing his mother and injuring his younger brother.
Balasore sessions judge Mrs V Jayashree today awarded life term to Ramchandra Ojha with penalty of Rs 10,000 and in default to undergo another six-month term after convicting him in the murder case.
Ojha (35), a resident of Madhupura village under Kamarda police station, had on May 21 2010, attacked his mother Tulsi and his younger brother Laxman with a chopper.
While his mother died, Laxman survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH