Man sentenced to life imprisonment for killing mother in Odisha
Balasore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment on charge of killing his mother and injuring his younger brother.
Balasore sessions judge Mrs V Jayashree today awarded life term to Ramchandra Ojha with penalty of Rs 10,000 and in default to undergo another six-month term after convicting him in the murder case.
Ojha (35), a resident of Madhupura village under Kamarda police station, had on May 21 2010, attacked his mother Tulsi and his younger brother Laxman with a chopper.
While his mother died, Laxman survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown