Man sentenced to life imprisonment for killing mother in Odisha
Balasore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment on charge of killing his mother and injuring his younger brother.
Balasore sessions judge Mrs V Jayashree today awarded life term to Ramchandra Ojha with penalty of Rs 10,000 and in default to undergo another six-month term after convicting him in the murder case.
Ojha (35), a resident of Madhupura village under Kamarda police station, had on May 21 2010, attacked his mother Tulsi and his younger brother Laxman with a chopper.
While his mother died, Laxman survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official