Man sentenced to life imprisonment for killing mother in Odisha
Balasore: A local court on Tuesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment on charge of killing his mother and injuring his younger brother.
Balasore sessions judge Mrs V Jayashree today awarded life term to Ramchandra Ojha with penalty of Rs 10,000 and in default to undergo another six-month term after convicting him in the murder case.
Ojha (35), a resident of Madhupura village under Kamarda police station, had on May 21 2010, attacked his mother Tulsi and his younger brother Laxman with a chopper.
While his mother died, Laxman survived.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij