Maoist-backed outfit lays down demands for talks
Koraput/Bhubaneswar: Three days after the
Odisha government invited it for talks for release of abducted BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka, Maoist-backed Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangh
Monday said it was willing to do so if certain conditions were
Listing the conditions for participating in the talks for
Hikaka`s release, outfit President Nachika Linga Linga, on the
run since 2009, said in a statement to the media that all
cases against him would have to be withdrawn, all jailed CMAS
members released and anti-Maoist operations halted.
Alleging that many CMAS members were in Koraput jail on
`false charges` for a very long time, Linga, said if the
conditions were fulfilled the Sangh would mediate for the
release of 37-year-old Laxmipur MLA Hikaka, who was abducted
on March 24.
After fulfilment of its demands, the CMAS would discuss
the matter with tribal groups like Niyamgiri Surakshya
Parishad, Mali Parbat Surakshya Parishad, Noka Dora and Konda
Reddy before talks with government, he said.
The state government was yet to respond to Linga`s
"We have taken note of the statement by the CMAS leader
to the media. It is being examined," a senior official said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had invited the CMAS after
Maoist-nominated mediators, B D Sharma and Dandapani Mohanty,
who took part in inconclusive talks for 10 days for the
release of Bosusco, left on Saturday saying they were leaving
as the government required more time.
Meanwhile, back channel efforts were underway by the
state government to free Italian Puri-based tour operator,
Paolo Bosusco, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy