Maoist camp in Odisha destroyed after encounter
Bolangir (Odisha): A Maoist camp was destroyed and some explosive materials were seized by police after a fierce encounter with the red rebels in a forest in Bolangir district of Odisha Sunday, police said.
The exchange of fire took place when a police team was conducting a combing operation inside Banjipali forest following intelligence input about presence of Maoists in the jungle, they said.
As the ultras fled from the scene and disappeared into dense forest after the gunbattle, their camp was destroyed by the police, they said.
Some Maoists were believed to have been injured in the encounter.
Some explosive materials including gelatine sticks, detonators and tiffin bombs were recovered from the site after the encounter. Other materials including tents and naxal literature were also seized, they said.
A massive combing operation and patrolling had been launched by the security forces in the area after the encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH