Maoists attack BSF camp in Odisha
Malkangiri: Maoists attacked a BSF camp and triggered an explosion at Bhejangiwada in Malkangiri district, police said Thursday.
A group of heavily-armed Maoists surrounded the camp and fired from different directions last night, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
However, nobody was injured in the attack by the red rebels, he said.
Soon BSF jawans retaliated and a gun-battle continued for over 40 minutes. About 500 rounds were fired in the encounter and the Maoists were forced to flee the area. The jawans fought with utmost caution in view of the residential areas near their camp, police said.
While leaving the area, the ultras exploded a low-intensity IED.
A combing operation has been launched in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur