Married woman gang raped in Odisha
Jajpur: A 35-year-old married woman was allegedly gang raped by three youths in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said today.
The accused, identified as Chakradhar Das (22) of Mangalpur in Jajpur, Shaik Babu (23) of Dhamnagar in Bhadrak and Manas Majhi (25) of Samana village in Keonjhar district, have been arrested, they said.
The incident occurred last night at Khiro village when the victim was waiting for a bus to return home. The accused allegedly offered her a lift on his bike, which she accepted, police said.
The victim, who hails from Patana village of neighbouring Keonjhar district was allegedly raped by the trio at a river bank on the way, they said.
As per the FIR filed by the victim with Panikoili police, the accused took turns to violate her. She was rescued by locals who helped in nabbing the youths along with their vehicle and handed them over to the police.
"On a tip off by the local villagers, police rushed to the spot and arrested the trio. We conducted medical examination on both the victim and the accused at district head quarters hospital today," Superintendent of Police of Jajpur Deepak Kumar said.
The victim is a mother of two children, Kumar said.
A case has been registered in this connection and medical report is awaited.
The accused were produced in the court today and later remanded to judicial custody after their bail pleas were rejected, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen