Married woman gang raped in Odisha
Jajpur: A 35-year-old married woman was allegedly gang raped by three youths in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said today.
The accused, identified as Chakradhar Das (22) of Mangalpur in Jajpur, Shaik Babu (23) of Dhamnagar in Bhadrak and Manas Majhi (25) of Samana village in Keonjhar district, have been arrested, they said.
The incident occurred last night at Khiro village when the victim was waiting for a bus to return home. The accused allegedly offered her a lift on his bike, which she accepted, police said.
The victim, who hails from Patana village of neighbouring Keonjhar district was allegedly raped by the trio at a river bank on the way, they said.
As per the FIR filed by the victim with Panikoili police, the accused took turns to violate her. She was rescued by locals who helped in nabbing the youths along with their vehicle and handed them over to the police.
"On a tip off by the local villagers, police rushed to the spot and arrested the trio. We conducted medical examination on both the victim and the accused at district head quarters hospital today," Superintendent of Police of Jajpur Deepak Kumar said.
The victim is a mother of two children, Kumar said.
A case has been registered in this connection and medical report is awaited.
The accused were produced in the court today and later remanded to judicial custody after their bail pleas were rejected, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'