Minor girl gang-raped in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj, 2 held
Baripada: A 15-year-old school girl was allegedly gang-raped by two youths and her picture in compromising position taken on mobile phones by the accused at a village in Odisha`s Mayurbhanj district, police said.
The girl was allegedly gang-raped while she had gone to a village pond for attending nature`s call last evening in Sanasimula village, about 55 kilometer from here, police said.
Police has arrested two youths -- Bhabani Shankar Mishra and Bhabesh Diwedi -- in their 20s, Kaptipada police station-in-charge officer Manoranjan Samal said.
According to the FIR lodged by the victim`s father the accused persons took obscene picture of the girl while she was being raped.
He said the victim and the two accused youths were sent for medical examination at the the sub-divisional hospital at Udala.
Samal said police have also seized the mobile phones and sim cards of the phones used by the youths to take photographs of the victim.
A case was registred at Kaptipada police station under sectin 376 (G), 506 and 34 of IPC, Samal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...