Mohapatra threatens to expose corruption in coal sector
Bhubaneswar: Stepping up his attack on the Naveen Patnaik government, expelled BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday threatened to expose corruption in Odisha`s coal sector.
"There are documents - a `brahmastra` relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra told reporters at the sideline of a rally at Koraput.
Stating that a PIL has been filed by his lawyer in the Supreme Court in connection with the scrapped agreement between the state-owned Odisha Mining Corporation and Delhi-based Sainik firm, he said the apex court has also issued notices to the parties concerned seeking clarifications.
Certain documents relating to the alleged scam would be handed over to CBI when the probe agency proceeds with the investigation into irregularities in the coal scam, the Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM) leader said.
Describing the documents as "brahmastra", Mohapatra said the real face of those involved in the scam would be exposed when they are disclosed.
Hitting back, BJD vice-president and Health Minister Damodar Rout accused Mohapatra of being involved in all scams relating to water, mines and coal. "After being expelled from BJD, Mohapatra is now trying to preach honesty," he said.
Speaking in the same vein, Energy Minister Arun Sahu said it is time for Mohapatra to retire instead of trying to mislead people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad