Mohapatra threatens to expose corruption in coal sector
Bhubaneswar: Stepping up his attack on the Naveen Patnaik government, expelled BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday threatened to expose corruption in Odisha`s coal sector.
"There are documents - a `brahmastra` relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra told reporters at the sideline of a rally at Koraput.
Stating that a PIL has been filed by his lawyer in the Supreme Court in connection with the scrapped agreement between the state-owned Odisha Mining Corporation and Delhi-based Sainik firm, he said the apex court has also issued notices to the parties concerned seeking clarifications.
Certain documents relating to the alleged scam would be handed over to CBI when the probe agency proceeds with the investigation into irregularities in the coal scam, the Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM) leader said.
Describing the documents as "brahmastra", Mohapatra said the real face of those involved in the scam would be exposed when they are disclosed.
Hitting back, BJD vice-president and Health Minister Damodar Rout accused Mohapatra of being involved in all scams relating to water, mines and coal. "After being expelled from BJD, Mohapatra is now trying to preach honesty," he said.
Speaking in the same vein, Energy Minister Arun Sahu said it is time for Mohapatra to retire instead of trying to mislead people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4