Mohapatra threatens to expose corruption in coal sector
Bhubaneswar: Stepping up his attack on the Naveen Patnaik government, expelled BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday threatened to expose corruption in Odisha`s coal sector.
"There are documents - a `brahmastra` relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra told reporters at the sideline of a rally at Koraput.
Stating that a PIL has been filed by his lawyer in the Supreme Court in connection with the scrapped agreement between the state-owned Odisha Mining Corporation and Delhi-based Sainik firm, he said the apex court has also issued notices to the parties concerned seeking clarifications.
Certain documents relating to the alleged scam would be handed over to CBI when the probe agency proceeds with the investigation into irregularities in the coal scam, the Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM) leader said.
Describing the documents as "brahmastra", Mohapatra said the real face of those involved in the scam would be exposed when they are disclosed.
Hitting back, BJD vice-president and Health Minister Damodar Rout accused Mohapatra of being involved in all scams relating to water, mines and coal. "After being expelled from BJD, Mohapatra is now trying to preach honesty," he said.
Speaking in the same vein, Energy Minister Arun Sahu said it is time for Mohapatra to retire instead of trying to mislead people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!