Mohapatra threatens to expose corruption in coal sector
Bhubaneswar: Stepping up his attack on the Naveen Patnaik government, expelled BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday threatened to expose corruption in Odisha`s coal sector.
"There are documents - a `brahmastra` relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra told reporters at the sideline of a rally at Koraput.
Stating that a PIL has been filed by his lawyer in the Supreme Court in connection with the scrapped agreement between the state-owned Odisha Mining Corporation and Delhi-based Sainik firm, he said the apex court has also issued notices to the parties concerned seeking clarifications.
Certain documents relating to the alleged scam would be handed over to CBI when the probe agency proceeds with the investigation into irregularities in the coal scam, the Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM) leader said.
Describing the documents as "brahmastra", Mohapatra said the real face of those involved in the scam would be exposed when they are disclosed.
Hitting back, BJD vice-president and Health Minister Damodar Rout accused Mohapatra of being involved in all scams relating to water, mines and coal. "After being expelled from BJD, Mohapatra is now trying to preach honesty," he said.
Speaking in the same vein, Energy Minister Arun Sahu said it is time for Mohapatra to retire instead of trying to mislead people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement