Mohapatra threatens to expose corruption in coal sector
Bhubaneswar: Stepping up his attack on the Naveen Patnaik government, expelled BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Saturday threatened to expose corruption in Odisha`s coal sector.
"There are documents - a `brahmastra` relating to corruption in the coal sector, involving Sainik firm. The weapon will expose and unmask those responsible for irregularities," Mohapatra told reporters at the sideline of a rally at Koraput.
Stating that a PIL has been filed by his lawyer in the Supreme Court in connection with the scrapped agreement between the state-owned Odisha Mining Corporation and Delhi-based Sainik firm, he said the apex court has also issued notices to the parties concerned seeking clarifications.
Certain documents relating to the alleged scam would be handed over to CBI when the probe agency proceeds with the investigation into irregularities in the coal scam, the Odisha Jana Morcha (OJM) leader said.
Describing the documents as "brahmastra", Mohapatra said the real face of those involved in the scam would be exposed when they are disclosed.
Hitting back, BJD vice-president and Health Minister Damodar Rout accused Mohapatra of being involved in all scams relating to water, mines and coal. "After being expelled from BJD, Mohapatra is now trying to preach honesty," he said.
Speaking in the same vein, Energy Minister Arun Sahu said it is time for Mohapatra to retire instead of trying to mislead people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM