More than forty suffer from diarrhoea in Odisha
Berhampur: Over 40 people have suffered from diarrhoea at Bikrampur village in Ganjam district in the past ten days, official sources said Tuesday.
Lack of personal hygiene, irregularity in food habits and consumption of contaminated water were some of the reasons for the spread of diarrhoea in the village, said Additional District Medical Officer (public health) L K Rath.
At least three medical teams were deployed in the village to treat the patients. Arrangements had also been made to disinfect the water sources in the village.
The ADMO, however, ruled out outbreak of cholera in the village as stool samples tested negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised