More than forty suffer from diarrhoea in Odisha
Berhampur: Over 40 people have suffered from diarrhoea at Bikrampur village in Ganjam district in the past ten days, official sources said Tuesday.
Lack of personal hygiene, irregularity in food habits and consumption of contaminated water were some of the reasons for the spread of diarrhoea in the village, said Additional District Medical Officer (public health) L K Rath.
At least three medical teams were deployed in the village to treat the patients. Arrangements had also been made to disinfect the water sources in the village.
The ADMO, however, ruled out outbreak of cholera in the village as stool samples tested negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state