More than forty suffer from diarrhoea in Odisha
Berhampur: Over 40 people have suffered from diarrhoea at Bikrampur village in Ganjam district in the past ten days, official sources said Tuesday.
Lack of personal hygiene, irregularity in food habits and consumption of contaminated water were some of the reasons for the spread of diarrhoea in the village, said Additional District Medical Officer (public health) L K Rath.
At least three medical teams were deployed in the village to treat the patients. Arrangements had also been made to disinfect the water sources in the village.
The ADMO, however, ruled out outbreak of cholera in the village as stool samples tested negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt