Mother of four gang-raped in Odisha, two held
Kendrapara: A 32-year-old Dalit woman and mother of four, was allegedly gang-raped in a remote village in Kendrapara district.
Police has detained two accused involved in the crime committed on March 19 at Ghodadanda village in Patkura area, after the victim lodged an FIR last night.
The victim and her family, were tenant farmers and were staying in a thatched house provided by the landowner, who was named as one of the accused, Kendrapara Superintendent of Police Sarthak Sadangi said.
According to the complainant, the landowner had recently driven out the couple and their family from the house over some dispute and later ransacked the mud house built by the duo, after they were ousted.
The SP said that the couple`s 10-year-old girl, who was the eye-witness to the crime according to the FIR, could not be traced.
Cases have been registered against the two accused on the basis of victim`s complaint under sections 450, 341, 323, 324, 427, 506, 376 (2)-(g) and section-3 Prevention of Atrocity Against Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA