Mother of four gang-raped in Odisha, two held
Kendrapara: A 32-year-old Dalit woman and mother of four, was allegedly gang-raped in a remote village in Kendrapara district.
Police has detained two accused involved in the crime committed on March 19 at Ghodadanda village in Patkura area, after the victim lodged an FIR last night.
The victim and her family, were tenant farmers and were staying in a thatched house provided by the landowner, who was named as one of the accused, Kendrapara Superintendent of Police Sarthak Sadangi said.
According to the complainant, the landowner had recently driven out the couple and their family from the house over some dispute and later ransacked the mud house built by the duo, after they were ousted.
The SP said that the couple`s 10-year-old girl, who was the eye-witness to the crime according to the FIR, could not be traced.
Cases have been registered against the two accused on the basis of victim`s complaint under sections 450, 341, 323, 324, 427, 506, 376 (2)-(g) and section-3 Prevention of Atrocity Against Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best