Mother of four gang-raped in Odisha, two held
Kendrapara: A 32-year-old Dalit woman and mother of four, was allegedly gang-raped in a remote village in Kendrapara district.
Police has detained two accused involved in the crime committed on March 19 at Ghodadanda village in Patkura area, after the victim lodged an FIR last night.
The victim and her family, were tenant farmers and were staying in a thatched house provided by the landowner, who was named as one of the accused, Kendrapara Superintendent of Police Sarthak Sadangi said.
According to the complainant, the landowner had recently driven out the couple and their family from the house over some dispute and later ransacked the mud house built by the duo, after they were ousted.
The SP said that the couple`s 10-year-old girl, who was the eye-witness to the crime according to the FIR, could not be traced.
Cases have been registered against the two accused on the basis of victim`s complaint under sections 450, 341, 323, 324, 427, 506, 376 (2)-(g) and section-3 Prevention of Atrocity Against Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply