No political leader examined in Pipili rape case
Cuttack: Odisha`s crime branch police DSP Ramesh Chandra Sethy, who was the investigating officer in the sensational Pipili gang rape and murder case, on Monday told Justice P K Mohanty Commission of Enquiry that no political leader was examined during the investigation of the case.
Facing cross examinations before the Enquiry Commission, the IO told the Commission that no political leader was drawn into the purview of the police investigation.
The counsel of the victim`s family Nishikant Mishra also questioned as to why police did not investigate into rape allegation when the team of doctors from primary healthcare centre to AIIMS, New Delhi did not give definite opinion ruling out rape or sexual assault of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley