No political leader examined in Pipili rape case
Cuttack: Odisha`s crime branch police DSP Ramesh Chandra Sethy, who was the investigating officer in the sensational Pipili gang rape and murder case, on Monday told Justice P K Mohanty Commission of Enquiry that no political leader was examined during the investigation of the case.
Facing cross examinations before the Enquiry Commission, the IO told the Commission that no political leader was drawn into the purview of the police investigation.
The counsel of the victim`s family Nishikant Mishra also questioned as to why police did not investigate into rape allegation when the team of doctors from primary healthcare centre to AIIMS, New Delhi did not give definite opinion ruling out rape or sexual assault of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi