Odia film stars join political parties
Bhubaneswar: Two prominent Odia film stars and a playback singer Friday joined the Biju Janata Dal here.
Actors Mihir Das and Satyaki Mishra and singer Trupti Das met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at his residence and said they joined the ruling party.
"I am delighted," the chief minister told reporters, adding the trio would be great assets for the party.
Actors Prashanta Nanda, Sidhant Mohapatra, Anubhav and comedian Pappu Pampam have already joined the party.
These developments come days after Odia actors Bijay Mohanty and Aparajita Mohanty joined the Congress party and Sritam Das and Pinky Pradhan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins