Odia film stars join political parties
Bhubaneswar: Two prominent Odia film stars and a playback singer Friday joined the Biju Janata Dal here.
Actors Mihir Das and Satyaki Mishra and singer Trupti Das met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at his residence and said they joined the ruling party.
"I am delighted," the chief minister told reporters, adding the trio would be great assets for the party.
Actors Prashanta Nanda, Sidhant Mohapatra, Anubhav and comedian Pappu Pampam have already joined the party.
These developments come days after Odia actors Bijay Mohanty and Aparajita Mohanty joined the Congress party and Sritam Das and Pinky Pradhan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000