Odia film stars join political parties
Bhubaneswar: Two prominent Odia film stars and a playback singer Friday joined the Biju Janata Dal here.
Actors Mihir Das and Satyaki Mishra and singer Trupti Das met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at his residence and said they joined the ruling party.
"I am delighted," the chief minister told reporters, adding the trio would be great assets for the party.
Actors Prashanta Nanda, Sidhant Mohapatra, Anubhav and comedian Pappu Pampam have already joined the party.
These developments come days after Odia actors Bijay Mohanty and Aparajita Mohanty joined the Congress party and Sritam Das and Pinky Pradhan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents