Odia film stars join political parties
Bhubaneswar: Two prominent Odia film stars and a playback singer Friday joined the Biju Janata Dal here.
Actors Mihir Das and Satyaki Mishra and singer Trupti Das met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at his residence and said they joined the ruling party.
"I am delighted," the chief minister told reporters, adding the trio would be great assets for the party.
Actors Prashanta Nanda, Sidhant Mohapatra, Anubhav and comedian Pappu Pampam have already joined the party.
These developments come days after Odia actors Bijay Mohanty and Aparajita Mohanty joined the Congress party and Sritam Das and Pinky Pradhan joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan