Odisha: 5 Germans defy ban, visit Maoist-hit areas
Bolangir: Defying ban orders, five Germans entered a Maoist-hit area in Bolangir district and stayed there for a week before being picked up by police.
The Germans stayed at Turla, about 80 km from here, without the knowledge of police and administration, police said on Sunday.
When the matter came to light through local media, police picked up the foreigners from the premises of an NGO along with its founder Annata Putel yesterday.
After interrogation and verification of their passports and visa, the foreign nationals were asked not to visit any Maoist-affected area, police said.
Following abduction of two Italians by Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district, visit of foreigners to such areas in the state was banned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack
- Criminal stabbed to death in Goa prison
- Pakistan directly involved in proxy war in Kashmir: Lt. Gen Hooda