Odisha govt admits Physics question paper leak, cancels examination
Bhubaneswar: The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha, on Thursday cancelled the examination in Physics subject following leakage of question papers.
"We have cancelled the physics examination after leakage of the question paper last night. The fresh date will be announced soon," higher education minister Badri Narayan Patra told reporters.
The chairman of the CHSE G S Ray said question papers might have been leaked from nodal centres where all the questions are stored. The students had written the physics paper at different centres today before council`s decision to cancel examination and our people are verifying the source of the leakage, he said.
Meanwhile, the issue was raised in the assembly by the Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan who blamed the state government for repeated leakage of question papers including one such case last year involving the annual high school examination.
Demanding stringent action, Harichandan said 76,649 students appearing the Plus-II Science Examination have lost hope and demanded a statement from the minister while other opposition members also demanded a clarification from the state government.
The questions have been kept in iron chests in examination centres amid round-the-clock security," CHSE controller of examinations Jasobant Behera had said before the examination.
Around 2.9 lakh students from 1,295 colleges have appeared in the month-long annual examination in Science, Arts, Commerce and vocational streams at 1,069 centres across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Direct entry for Hindu migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh in MBBS, BE courses
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: NADA hearing to continue on Thursday
- Govt says only pulses prices have increased; Opposition protests
- RBI imposes Rs 27-crore penalty on 13 banks
- ACHIEVEMENT! Anurag Thakur to join Territorial Army; will be 1st serving BJP MP to join military force