Odisha govt admits Physics question paper leak, cancels examination
Bhubaneswar: The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha, on Thursday cancelled the examination in Physics subject following leakage of question papers.
"We have cancelled the physics examination after leakage of the question paper last night. The fresh date will be announced soon," higher education minister Badri Narayan Patra told reporters.
The chairman of the CHSE G S Ray said question papers might have been leaked from nodal centres where all the questions are stored. The students had written the physics paper at different centres today before council`s decision to cancel examination and our people are verifying the source of the leakage, he said.
Meanwhile, the issue was raised in the assembly by the Congress chief whip Prasad Harichandan who blamed the state government for repeated leakage of question papers including one such case last year involving the annual high school examination.
Demanding stringent action, Harichandan said 76,649 students appearing the Plus-II Science Examination have lost hope and demanded a statement from the minister while other opposition members also demanded a clarification from the state government.
The questions have been kept in iron chests in examination centres amid round-the-clock security," CHSE controller of examinations Jasobant Behera had said before the examination.
Around 2.9 lakh students from 1,295 colleges have appeared in the month-long annual examination in Science, Arts, Commerce and vocational streams at 1,069 centres across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video