Nitish Kumar thanks PM for praising Bihar growth
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for praising Bihar as the fastest growing state with a growth rate of 10.9 per cent ahead of Gujarat.
"Bahut bahut dhanyabad (Many thanks)," the CM told reporters when asked to react on the PM`s tweet praising Bihar`s growth.
The PM in his tweet last night had said that condition of BIMARU states was changing and Bihar is in better situation than others.
The PM in his tweet said that between 2006-07 to 2010-11, growth rate in Bihar was 10.9 per cent whereas in Gujarat it was 9.3 per cent.
"Bihar has left behind West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Gujarat," the tweet said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof