Nitish Kumar thanks PM for praising Bihar growth
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for praising Bihar as the fastest growing state with a growth rate of 10.9 per cent ahead of Gujarat.
"Bahut bahut dhanyabad (Many thanks)," the CM told reporters when asked to react on the PM`s tweet praising Bihar`s growth.
The PM in his tweet last night had said that condition of BIMARU states was changing and Bihar is in better situation than others.
The PM in his tweet said that between 2006-07 to 2010-11, growth rate in Bihar was 10.9 per cent whereas in Gujarat it was 9.3 per cent.
"Bihar has left behind West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Gujarat," the tweet said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere