Nitish Kumar thanks PM for praising Bihar growth
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for praising Bihar as the fastest growing state with a growth rate of 10.9 per cent ahead of Gujarat.
"Bahut bahut dhanyabad (Many thanks)," the CM told reporters when asked to react on the PM`s tweet praising Bihar`s growth.
The PM in his tweet last night had said that condition of BIMARU states was changing and Bihar is in better situation than others.
The PM in his tweet said that between 2006-07 to 2010-11, growth rate in Bihar was 10.9 per cent whereas in Gujarat it was 9.3 per cent.
"Bihar has left behind West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Gujarat," the tweet said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report