Nitish Kumar thanks PM for praising Bihar growth
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for praising Bihar as the fastest growing state with a growth rate of 10.9 per cent ahead of Gujarat.
"Bahut bahut dhanyabad (Many thanks)," the CM told reporters when asked to react on the PM`s tweet praising Bihar`s growth.
The PM in his tweet last night had said that condition of BIMARU states was changing and Bihar is in better situation than others.
The PM in his tweet said that between 2006-07 to 2010-11, growth rate in Bihar was 10.9 per cent whereas in Gujarat it was 9.3 per cent.
"Bihar has left behind West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Gujarat," the tweet said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?