Odisha govt hikes remuneration of Gana Sikshyaks
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government today announced increase in the remuneration and career advancement policy for Gana Sikshaks (a category of school teachers) based on their qualifications, training and seniority.
Schools and Mass Education minister Rabinarayan Nanda made the announcement in the State Assembly. "The new policy will be effective from April 1, 2013," he said.
As per the new policy, April 1, 2013 will be taken as the cut off date for considering seniority. Gana Sikshaks who have worked satisfactorily for six years will be considered as seniors.
Gana Sikshaks, who are seniors as per the new policy and are matriculates, will get a remuneration of Rs 3700 per month. Those who have done matriculation along with CT, +2 or +3 and are senior as per the new policy will get Rs 4,200 per month.
Similarly, trained +2 and +3 passed gana sikshaks with seniority will get a monthly remuneration of Rs 5,200 per month.
Those Gana Sikshyaks who have educational qualification of +2 or more along with required training and completed six years of work satisfactorily or three years after training, will be taken as Zilla Parishad Group-II teachers. Their monthly remuneration will be Rs 7,000.
The Gana Sikshyaks who satisfactorily complete three years as Group-II Zilla Parishad teachers, will be considered as regular Zilla Parishad teachers.
Nanda said as many as 22,724 Gana Sikshyaks will be benefited from the new policy and the state government has to bear an additional burden of Rs 123.07 crore towards payment of remuneration for them.
Earlier on November 30, the state government had announced increase in the monthly remuneration of Sikhya Sahayaks (SSs) and junior teachers. While the remuneration of SSs is hiked by Rs 1200 per month, the junior teachers in government primary and upper primary schools will get additional Rs 2500 per month.
The state government has to bear an additional burden of Rs 176.76 crore per annum due to hike in the pay packet of SSs and Junior Teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report