Odisha Maoist leader`s wife to contest polls
Bhubaneswar: Subhashree Das, wife of Odisha`s most wanted Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, on Wednesday joined Ama Odisha, a regional political party, here.
Das said the ideology of the Ama Odisha motivated her and she expects to contest next month`s assembly election from Ranpur constituency.
She joined the party along with about 150 supporters in the presence of party chief Soumya Ranjan Patnaik, a senior leader told IANS.
Das was in jail for two years for her alleged links with the rebels. A court acquitted her of the charges April 2012.
Since then, she has been busy in social and political activities in Ranpur that her father-in-law Ramesh Panda represented thrice in the assembly on a Communist Party of India-Marxist ticket.
The elections for 21 Lok Sabha seats and the 147-member assembly would be held simultaneously in Odisha April 10 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof