Odisha: Planning Commission raises KBK fund
Bhubaneswar: The Planning Commission has raised financial assistance under Revised Long Term Action Plan (RLTAP) from Rs 130 crore to Rs 250 crore for the overall development of Odisha`s undeveloped Kalahandi-Bolangir-Koraput region, official sources said.
Poverty in the region had come down by 24.6 per cent from 87.14 per cent in 1999-2000 to 62.5 per cent in 2004-05 and by 16.9 per cent from 62.5 per cent in 2004-05 to 45.65 per cent in 2007-08.
Meanwhile, the state government submitted a new Eight Year Prospective Plan for KBK districts for Rs 4,550 crore. "The people of KBK region would have been benefited if the planning commission sanctioned the Rs 4,550 crore plan," finance minister Prafulla Ghadai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai