Odisha: Planning Commission raises KBK fund
Bhubaneswar: The Planning Commission has raised financial assistance under Revised Long Term Action Plan (RLTAP) from Rs 130 crore to Rs 250 crore for the overall development of Odisha`s undeveloped Kalahandi-Bolangir-Koraput region, official sources said.
Poverty in the region had come down by 24.6 per cent from 87.14 per cent in 1999-2000 to 62.5 per cent in 2004-05 and by 16.9 per cent from 62.5 per cent in 2004-05 to 45.65 per cent in 2007-08.
Meanwhile, the state government submitted a new Eight Year Prospective Plan for KBK districts for Rs 4,550 crore. "The people of KBK region would have been benefited if the planning commission sanctioned the Rs 4,550 crore plan," finance minister Prafulla Ghadai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre