Odisha: Planning Commission raises KBK fund
Bhubaneswar: The Planning Commission has raised financial assistance under Revised Long Term Action Plan (RLTAP) from Rs 130 crore to Rs 250 crore for the overall development of Odisha`s undeveloped Kalahandi-Bolangir-Koraput region, official sources said.
Poverty in the region had come down by 24.6 per cent from 87.14 per cent in 1999-2000 to 62.5 per cent in 2004-05 and by 16.9 per cent from 62.5 per cent in 2004-05 to 45.65 per cent in 2007-08.
Meanwhile, the state government submitted a new Eight Year Prospective Plan for KBK districts for Rs 4,550 crore. "The people of KBK region would have been benefited if the planning commission sanctioned the Rs 4,550 crore plan," finance minister Prafulla Ghadai said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!