Orissa: Man gets life term for killing girl
Rourkela: A murder accused was convicted
and sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local fast track court here Wednesday for killing a minor girl in 2010.
Fast track court judge Gopabandhu Patnaik found Biju Tirkey (20) guilty of killing 16-year-old Sukanti Tirkey on July 1, 2010 at her village Dairtoli for refusing to marry him.
The judge examined at least 15 witnesses and
considered circumstantial evidence during the trial.
According to prosecution, convict Biju was in love with Sukanti. Biju on the fateful day entered into Sukanti`s
house and proposed her.
However, Sukanti turned down the proposal. Biju in a
fit of rage, attacked Sukanti with a knife causing her death.
Biju was arrested and produced before the court with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers