Orissa: Man gets life term for killing girl
Rourkela: A murder accused was convicted
and sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local fast track court here Wednesday for killing a minor girl in 2010.
Fast track court judge Gopabandhu Patnaik found Biju Tirkey (20) guilty of killing 16-year-old Sukanti Tirkey on July 1, 2010 at her village Dairtoli for refusing to marry him.
The judge examined at least 15 witnesses and
considered circumstantial evidence during the trial.
According to prosecution, convict Biju was in love with Sukanti. Biju on the fateful day entered into Sukanti`s
house and proposed her.
However, Sukanti turned down the proposal. Biju in a
fit of rage, attacked Sukanti with a knife causing her death.
Biju was arrested and produced before the court with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price