Orissa: Man gets life term for killing girl
Rourkela: A murder accused was convicted
and sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local fast track court here Wednesday for killing a minor girl in 2010.
Fast track court judge Gopabandhu Patnaik found Biju Tirkey (20) guilty of killing 16-year-old Sukanti Tirkey on July 1, 2010 at her village Dairtoli for refusing to marry him.
The judge examined at least 15 witnesses and
considered circumstantial evidence during the trial.
According to prosecution, convict Biju was in love with Sukanti. Biju on the fateful day entered into Sukanti`s
house and proposed her.
However, Sukanti turned down the proposal. Biju in a
fit of rage, attacked Sukanti with a knife causing her death.
Biju was arrested and produced before the court with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant