Orissa: Man gets life term for killing girl
Rourkela: A murder accused was convicted
and sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local fast track court here Wednesday for killing a minor girl in 2010.
Fast track court judge Gopabandhu Patnaik found Biju Tirkey (20) guilty of killing 16-year-old Sukanti Tirkey on July 1, 2010 at her village Dairtoli for refusing to marry him.
The judge examined at least 15 witnesses and
considered circumstantial evidence during the trial.
According to prosecution, convict Biju was in love with Sukanti. Biju on the fateful day entered into Sukanti`s
house and proposed her.
However, Sukanti turned down the proposal. Biju in a
fit of rage, attacked Sukanti with a knife causing her death.
Biju was arrested and produced before the court with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack