Orissa: Man gets life term for killing girl
Rourkela: A murder accused was convicted
and sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local fast track court here Wednesday for killing a minor girl in 2010.
Fast track court judge Gopabandhu Patnaik found Biju Tirkey (20) guilty of killing 16-year-old Sukanti Tirkey on July 1, 2010 at her village Dairtoli for refusing to marry him.
The judge examined at least 15 witnesses and
considered circumstantial evidence during the trial.
According to prosecution, convict Biju was in love with Sukanti. Biju on the fateful day entered into Sukanti`s
house and proposed her.
However, Sukanti turned down the proposal. Biju in a
fit of rage, attacked Sukanti with a knife causing her death.
Biju was arrested and produced before the court with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi