Orissa seeks information from Goa on calamity deaths
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government on Wednesday
contacted its counterpart in Goa, following reports of the
death of eight migrant labourers from the state in last
week`s cyclonic storm.
"We have come to know about death of eight persons at
Goa from media reports. The government asked its counterpart
in Goa to inform about the calamity", Revenue and Disaster
Management minister S N Patro said.
Affirming that the state government did not have any
information regarding migration of Oriya people from
Sundargarh district to Goa, he said an officer of the labour
department was rushed to Panaji for collecting information.
"The state government may consider giving financial
assistance to the poor people who lost their lives in Goa,"
Patro said adding that it was waiting a report from the Goa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery