Orissa seeks information from Goa on calamity deaths
Bhubaneswar: Orissa government on Wednesday
contacted its counterpart in Goa, following reports of the
death of eight migrant labourers from the state in last
week`s cyclonic storm.
"We have come to know about death of eight persons at
Goa from media reports. The government asked its counterpart
in Goa to inform about the calamity", Revenue and Disaster
Management minister S N Patro said.
Affirming that the state government did not have any
information regarding migration of Oriya people from
Sundargarh district to Goa, he said an officer of the labour
department was rushed to Panaji for collecting information.
"The state government may consider giving financial
assistance to the poor people who lost their lives in Goa,"
Patro said adding that it was waiting a report from the Goa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country