Orissa’s green signal for Vedanta expansion plans
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa government today
gave the green signal for capacity expansion of Vedanta
Aluminium`s alumina refinery at Lanjigarh to 6 million tonnes
per annum, besides an increase in the throughput of its
Jharsuguda smelter to 1.6 mtpa, an official source said.
The company will invest Rs 37,440 crore in the two
projects, the source said.
The approval was given at a meeting of the State Level
Single Window Authority (SLSWA) chaired by Chief Secretary T K
The approval will now be referred to the High Level
Clearance Authority (HLCA) chaired by Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik, said a senior official of the industries department.
VAL, which operates a 1-mtpa capacity alumina refinery at
Lanjigarh, in Kalahandi district, proposed to expand the plant
to 6 mtpa, he said.
This apart, VAL`s proposal to expand its smelter plant at
Jharsuguda from 0.25 mtpa to 1.6 mtpa also received the
The company`s proposal to expand its captive power plant
from 650 MW to 1350 MW was also cleared by the SLSWA.
The SLSWA also cleared a proposal from Hindalco to expand
its smelter capacity from 1.6 mtpa to 3.6 mtpa and its captive
power plant from 367 MW to 967 MW at an investment of Rs 4,430
In addition, the SLSWA gave clearance to seven other
mega-projects, including a proposal from Rohit Ferro Tech to
manufacture stainless steel.
Rohit Ferro Tech, which has been manufacturing 1 lakh
tonnes of ferro alloys at its Kalinga Nagar plant, proposed to
establish facilities to produce 6 lakh tonnes of stainless
steel at an investment of Rs 2,100 crore.
Other proposals which got SLSWA`s nod included the
Bhushan Steels` Small and Medium Industries park at Dhenkanal
with an investment of Rs 3,000 crore, Ramakrushna Power
Limited`s 120-MW capacity power project with an investment of
Rs 525 crore, SPI Port`s 1,320-MW power plant with an
investment of Rs 6,609 crore and two other power plants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested