Orissa’s green signal for Vedanta expansion plans
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa government today
gave the green signal for capacity expansion of Vedanta
Aluminium`s alumina refinery at Lanjigarh to 6 million tonnes
per annum, besides an increase in the throughput of its
Jharsuguda smelter to 1.6 mtpa, an official source said.
The company will invest Rs 37,440 crore in the two
projects, the source said.
The approval was given at a meeting of the State Level
Single Window Authority (SLSWA) chaired by Chief Secretary T K
The approval will now be referred to the High Level
Clearance Authority (HLCA) chaired by Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik, said a senior official of the industries department.
VAL, which operates a 1-mtpa capacity alumina refinery at
Lanjigarh, in Kalahandi district, proposed to expand the plant
to 6 mtpa, he said.
This apart, VAL`s proposal to expand its smelter plant at
Jharsuguda from 0.25 mtpa to 1.6 mtpa also received the
The company`s proposal to expand its captive power plant
from 650 MW to 1350 MW was also cleared by the SLSWA.
The SLSWA also cleared a proposal from Hindalco to expand
its smelter capacity from 1.6 mtpa to 3.6 mtpa and its captive
power plant from 367 MW to 967 MW at an investment of Rs 4,430
In addition, the SLSWA gave clearance to seven other
mega-projects, including a proposal from Rohit Ferro Tech to
manufacture stainless steel.
Rohit Ferro Tech, which has been manufacturing 1 lakh
tonnes of ferro alloys at its Kalinga Nagar plant, proposed to
establish facilities to produce 6 lakh tonnes of stainless
steel at an investment of Rs 2,100 crore.
Other proposals which got SLSWA`s nod included the
Bhushan Steels` Small and Medium Industries park at Dhenkanal
with an investment of Rs 3,000 crore, Ramakrushna Power
Limited`s 120-MW capacity power project with an investment of
Rs 525 crore, SPI Port`s 1,320-MW power plant with an
investment of Rs 6,609 crore and two other power plants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok