PAC asks RCS to furnish white paper over irregular
Bhubaneswar: Unhappy over lack of adequate regulation on about two-dozen multi-state cooperative societies operating from Odisha, Public Account Committee of the state Assembly on Friday asked the Registrar, Cooperative Society to furnish a white paper over irregularities of chit fund organisations within a month.
The PAC, headed by Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress, has also asked the Registrar, Cooperative Society to furnish an interim report before it within seven days.
"We have initiated a thorough inquiry into activities of about 23 multi-state cooperative societies. The Registrar has no information of the whereabouts of seven such societies. They appeared to have fled after looting people," Singh said.
PAC has also asked the Registrar to furnish a detail report on 1,634 self help cooperative societies functioning in the state.
The PAC today carried out an inquiry into the chit fund scam in the office of Registrar Cooperative Society. It verified several documents relating to the scam, in which ministers and ruling BJD leaders are allegedly involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover