PAC asks RCS to furnish white paper over irregular
Bhubaneswar: Unhappy over lack of adequate regulation on about two-dozen multi-state cooperative societies operating from Odisha, Public Account Committee of the state Assembly on Friday asked the Registrar, Cooperative Society to furnish a white paper over irregularities of chit fund organisations within a month.
The PAC, headed by Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress, has also asked the Registrar, Cooperative Society to furnish an interim report before it within seven days.
"We have initiated a thorough inquiry into activities of about 23 multi-state cooperative societies. The Registrar has no information of the whereabouts of seven such societies. They appeared to have fled after looting people," Singh said.
PAC has also asked the Registrar to furnish a detail report on 1,634 self help cooperative societies functioning in the state.
The PAC today carried out an inquiry into the chit fund scam in the office of Registrar Cooperative Society. It verified several documents relating to the scam, in which ministers and ruling BJD leaders are allegedly involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO