Panda dubs killing of Majhi as fake encounter, calls for bandh
Bhubaneswar: Rejecting a police offer to surrender, Odisha Maobadi Party leader Sabyasachi Panda on Tuesday claimed that his associate Pradip Majhi was killed in a "fake encounter" on March 10 and called for a bandh on March 14.
"It was cold-blooded murder. Pradip was caught by the police and killed," Panda alleged in an audio tape released to the media rejecting DGP Prakash Mishra`s version that the Maoist was killed in an encounter.
To protest the killing, a bandh would be observed on March 14, he said in the tape.
Panda, who could be hiding in jungles in Ganjam, Gajapati, Rayagada or Kandhamal districts, said he was being forced to take to arms and would avenge Pradeep`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'