Panda dubs killing of Majhi as fake encounter, calls for bandh
Bhubaneswar: Rejecting a police offer to surrender, Odisha Maobadi Party leader Sabyasachi Panda on Tuesday claimed that his associate Pradip Majhi was killed in a "fake encounter" on March 10 and called for a bandh on March 14.
"It was cold-blooded murder. Pradip was caught by the police and killed," Panda alleged in an audio tape released to the media rejecting DGP Prakash Mishra`s version that the Maoist was killed in an encounter.
To protest the killing, a bandh would be observed on March 14, he said in the tape.
Panda, who could be hiding in jungles in Ganjam, Gajapati, Rayagada or Kandhamal districts, said he was being forced to take to arms and would avenge Pradeep`s killing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory