Panda dubs killing of Majhi as fake encounter, calls for bandh
Bhubaneswar: Rejecting a police offer to surrender, Odisha Maobadi Party leader Sabyasachi Panda on Tuesday claimed that his associate Pradip Majhi was killed in a "fake encounter" on March 10 and called for a bandh on March 14.
"It was cold-blooded murder. Pradip was caught by the police and killed," Panda alleged in an audio tape released to the media rejecting DGP Prakash Mishra`s version that the Maoist was killed in an encounter.
To protest the killing, a bandh would be observed on March 14, he said in the tape.
Panda, who could be hiding in jungles in Ganjam, Gajapati, Rayagada or Kandhamal districts, said he was being forced to take to arms and would avenge Pradeep`s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video