PM`s, Shinde`s effigies burnt in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Home Minister Sushil Shinde were burnt by BJP activists across Odisha on Thursday for the alleged Hindu terror remarks against the Sangh Parivar.
"We demand immediate apology from the Prime Minister and dismissal of Shinde from the Union Cabinet," said BJP leader P R Harichandan while participating in a rally here.
As Shinde had made the alleged remark in the presence of the prime minister at the Congress conclave, Singh should apologise for it, BJPLP leader K V Singhdeo said.
The state unit of BJP which is highly factionalized put up a united show and hit the road responding to a call given by party`s new national president Rajnath Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing