PM`s, Shinde`s effigies burnt in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Home Minister Sushil Shinde were burnt by BJP activists across Odisha on Thursday for the alleged Hindu terror remarks against the Sangh Parivar.
"We demand immediate apology from the Prime Minister and dismissal of Shinde from the Union Cabinet," said BJP leader P R Harichandan while participating in a rally here.
As Shinde had made the alleged remark in the presence of the prime minister at the Congress conclave, Singh should apologise for it, BJPLP leader K V Singhdeo said.
The state unit of BJP which is highly factionalized put up a united show and hit the road responding to a call given by party`s new national president Rajnath Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...