Prakash Mishra appointed as DGP, Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday appointed senior IPS officer Prakash Mishra as the new Director General of Police (DGP) replacing Manmohan Praharaj after the Centre accepted the state government`s request to relieve the former who was on Central deputation, official sources said.
Mishra, a 1977 batch IPS officer, posted as the Director General, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), is expected to join in the post of DGP, Odisha, within four days, Chief Secretary BK Patnaik told reporters here on Tuesday.
Praharaj, who was posted as the DGP since 2008, had been posted as the director general, home guards and fire service, the post which was laying vacant after retirement of BB Mohanty.
Additional Director General (ADG) rank officer B K Behera would also continue in the post of ADG, home guards and fire service.
Mishra had on June 3 met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Before joining as the DG, NDRF, Mishra had a stint as a special director of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!