Raman Singh campaigns for Odisha bypoll
Nabarangpur: Chhattisgarh Chief
Minister Raman Singh on Monday hit the campaign trail for by-poll
in Umerkote assembly segment in Odisha on the last day of
electioneering to bolster BJP`s prospects and said a strong
bond exists between people of the two neighbouring states.
"Though the boundary separates Odisha and Chhatisgarh,
we have a strong bond and blood relation with the people of
Nabarangpur District ... we want development of its people,"
Singh said addressing election meetings at Umerkote and
Raighar in Maoist-infested Nabarangpur district.
Listing successful implementation of several welfare
schemes for tribal and poor in his state, the BJP leader said
"Odisha has plenty so far as natural resources are concerned
but?the BJD government lacks the will power to utilise these
for the benefit of the poor people and tribals."
"Look at Chhatishgarh. We have less population and
resources. We don`t have vast sea coast that Odisha has. But
we have succeeded in improving the socio-economic condition of
the poorest of the poor in rural sector. On the other hand in
Odisha the rich is becoming richer and poor becoming poorer.
"And I don`t hesitate to hold Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik responsible for this", Singh said.
Voicing concern over growing corruption and terrorism
in the country, the BJP leader blamed Congress for this.
Both Congress at the Centre and BJD Government in
Odisha are involved in many scams, he said adding only BJP
wants to root out corruption and terrorism. Singh expressed
confidence about victory of BJP candidate Dharmu Gond in the
November 30 by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH