SCB staffer held on molestation charge
Cuttack: A junior laboratory technician masquerading as a doctor allegedly molested a woman patient at the state-run SCB Medical College and Hospital.
Karunakar Mohanty of the pathology department of the hospital entered the female ward in the early morning on Monday, police said.
He woke up the female patient on the pretext of measuring her blood pressure, the sources said.
"He then started molesting the woman patient," the sources said quoting the written complaint filed by the patient`s family.
Mohanty was arrested yesterday and remanded to judicial custody after production in court.
The department head Dr Shyama Kanungo, who is now officiating as the hospital superintendent, has ordered an enquiry to ascertain how a man was allowed inside the gynaecology department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra