SCB staffer held on molestation charge
Cuttack: A junior laboratory technician masquerading as a doctor allegedly molested a woman patient at the state-run SCB Medical College and Hospital.
Karunakar Mohanty of the pathology department of the hospital entered the female ward in the early morning on Monday, police said.
He woke up the female patient on the pretext of measuring her blood pressure, the sources said.
"He then started molesting the woman patient," the sources said quoting the written complaint filed by the patient`s family.
Mohanty was arrested yesterday and remanded to judicial custody after production in court.
The department head Dr Shyama Kanungo, who is now officiating as the hospital superintendent, has ordered an enquiry to ascertain how a man was allowed inside the gynaecology department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win