Self-immolation attempt outside grievance camp
Berhampur: A 45-year-old man from Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s constituency was arrested while allegedly attempting self immolation outside the grievance camp of the district collector here on Saturday.
Suresh Sahu of Belagaon in Hinjili police station in Ganjam district was here to place his grievance at the camp when he attempted self immolation by pouring patrol on himself and trying to set fire, police said.
Belagaon is in Hinjili assembly constituency represented by Naveen Patnaik.
Inspector in charge (BN Pur) Deepak Mishra said the man was arrested and forwarded to the court.
Besides his wife, he has a ten-year-old daughter. Although they accompanied him, they did not attempt suicide, police said.
Sahu allegedly attempted suicide out of frustration due to lingering land-related disputes at Tikiri in Kashinagar tehsil in Rayagada district.
Officials said they are unable to help the man as the problem was in Rayagada district. We have forwarded his grievance to the tehsildar, Kashipur in Rayagada district,? said district collector Krishan Kumar.
Officials said he was a regular visitor at the grievance camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani