Self-immolation attempt outside grievance camp
Berhampur: A 45-year-old man from Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s constituency was arrested while allegedly attempting self immolation outside the grievance camp of the district collector here on Saturday.
Suresh Sahu of Belagaon in Hinjili police station in Ganjam district was here to place his grievance at the camp when he attempted self immolation by pouring patrol on himself and trying to set fire, police said.
Belagaon is in Hinjili assembly constituency represented by Naveen Patnaik.
Inspector in charge (BN Pur) Deepak Mishra said the man was arrested and forwarded to the court.
Besides his wife, he has a ten-year-old daughter. Although they accompanied him, they did not attempt suicide, police said.
Sahu allegedly attempted suicide out of frustration due to lingering land-related disputes at Tikiri in Kashinagar tehsil in Rayagada district.
Officials said they are unable to help the man as the problem was in Rayagada district. We have forwarded his grievance to the tehsildar, Kashipur in Rayagada district,? said district collector Krishan Kumar.
Officials said he was a regular visitor at the grievance camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion