Self-immolation attempt outside grievance camp
Berhampur: A 45-year-old man from Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s constituency was arrested while allegedly attempting self immolation outside the grievance camp of the district collector here on Saturday.
Suresh Sahu of Belagaon in Hinjili police station in Ganjam district was here to place his grievance at the camp when he attempted self immolation by pouring patrol on himself and trying to set fire, police said.
Belagaon is in Hinjili assembly constituency represented by Naveen Patnaik.
Inspector in charge (BN Pur) Deepak Mishra said the man was arrested and forwarded to the court.
Besides his wife, he has a ten-year-old daughter. Although they accompanied him, they did not attempt suicide, police said.
Sahu allegedly attempted suicide out of frustration due to lingering land-related disputes at Tikiri in Kashinagar tehsil in Rayagada district.
Officials said they are unable to help the man as the problem was in Rayagada district. We have forwarded his grievance to the tehsildar, Kashipur in Rayagada district,? said district collector Krishan Kumar.
Officials said he was a regular visitor at the grievance camp.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set