Self-immolation attempt outside grievance camp
Berhampur: A 45-year-old man from Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s constituency was arrested while allegedly attempting self immolation outside the grievance camp of the district collector here on Saturday.
Suresh Sahu of Belagaon in Hinjili police station in Ganjam district was here to place his grievance at the camp when he attempted self immolation by pouring patrol on himself and trying to set fire, police said.
Belagaon is in Hinjili assembly constituency represented by Naveen Patnaik.
Inspector in charge (BN Pur) Deepak Mishra said the man was arrested and forwarded to the court.
Besides his wife, he has a ten-year-old daughter. Although they accompanied him, they did not attempt suicide, police said.
Sahu allegedly attempted suicide out of frustration due to lingering land-related disputes at Tikiri in Kashinagar tehsil in Rayagada district.
Officials said they are unable to help the man as the problem was in Rayagada district. We have forwarded his grievance to the tehsildar, Kashipur in Rayagada district,? said district collector Krishan Kumar.
Officials said he was a regular visitor at the grievance camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'