Shah panel members to revisit Odisha on May 24
Bhubaneswar: Members of a commission of inquiry led by retired Supreme Court Justice MB Shah will visit Odisha again May 24 to further investigate alleged mining illegalities in the state, an official said on Thursday.
The state government has been informed about the visit of senior forest officer Biswajeet Mishra and geologist AVS Prasad of the Shah Commission. They will visit mines in Keonjhar and Sundergarh districts during their week-long stay, Director of Mines Deepak Mohanty told a news agency.
The Justice MB Shah panel, appointed by the central government in November 2010, has been investigating allegations of illegal mining in several mineral-rich states. The members of the commission visited Odisha several times in the past two years.
Justice Shah, along with his team members, visited the state in March this year. He had said the commission was unlikely to meet the July 16 deadline for submitting its final report to the central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad