Stab in the back, says Patnaik
Berhampur (Odisha): Dubbed by suspended BJD leader Pyari Mohan Mohapatra as unfit to remain party president, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday hit back alleging some people were attempting to stab him in the back, destroy democracy and hinder development in the state.
"Some people are trying to stab me in the back and murder democracy," Patnaik told a public meeting without naming Mohapatra who was suspended from BJD following a failed attempt to oust him on May 29.
"It is immaterial for me who is with me and who is not. For me, the four crore people of Odisha are important. I want to work for them," the chief minister said.
"I may be in power or not but I will continue to work for the people of the state. I will work to achieve the dreams of Biju Babu (former chief minister) till the end of my life," said an emotional Patnaik.
The chief minister`s remarks came shortly after the Rajya Sabha MP, who has floated the Odisha Jana Morcha within BJD, claimed Patnaik was unfit for the post of party president.
Besides claiming that Patnaik had ceased to be BJD president since July, 2010 as per the constitution of the party, Mohapatra had alleged inner party democracy had been destroyed.
Lashing out at the UPA government at the Centre, the chief minister accused it of neglecting Odisha by depriving it of special packages like those given to states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
The Centre "failed" to develop the railway network in the state though it got about Rs 8000 crore revenue in the sector from Odisha, he charged adding the Centre also "failed" to do justice to Odisha in mineral royalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal