Stab in the back, says Patnaik
Berhampur (Odisha): Dubbed by suspended BJD leader Pyari Mohan Mohapatra as unfit to remain party president, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday hit back alleging some people were attempting to stab him in the back, destroy democracy and hinder development in the state.
"Some people are trying to stab me in the back and murder democracy," Patnaik told a public meeting without naming Mohapatra who was suspended from BJD following a failed attempt to oust him on May 29.
"It is immaterial for me who is with me and who is not. For me, the four crore people of Odisha are important. I want to work for them," the chief minister said.
"I may be in power or not but I will continue to work for the people of the state. I will work to achieve the dreams of Biju Babu (former chief minister) till the end of my life," said an emotional Patnaik.
The chief minister`s remarks came shortly after the Rajya Sabha MP, who has floated the Odisha Jana Morcha within BJD, claimed Patnaik was unfit for the post of party president.
Besides claiming that Patnaik had ceased to be BJD president since July, 2010 as per the constitution of the party, Mohapatra had alleged inner party democracy had been destroyed.
Lashing out at the UPA government at the Centre, the chief minister accused it of neglecting Odisha by depriving it of special packages like those given to states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
The Centre "failed" to develop the railway network in the state though it got about Rs 8000 crore revenue in the sector from Odisha, he charged adding the Centre also "failed" to do justice to Odisha in mineral royalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar