Suspected Maoists kill man in Odisha
Malkangiri: Maoists killed a man suspecting him to be a police informer in Kalimela area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
The body of the unidentified man, aged about 40 years, was found this morning along a road in MV-90 area with his throat slit and head smashed, they said.
The man was believed to have been killed somewhere else and his body thrown at the site by the assailants, police said.
A piece of paper was found near the body carrying a message that the man was killed as he had been operating in the area as an informer of the security forces.
Efforts were on to identify the body, police said, adding that the deceased was not their informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre