Suspected Maoists kill man in Odisha
Malkangiri: Maoists killed a man suspecting him to be a police informer in Kalimela area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
The body of the unidentified man, aged about 40 years, was found this morning along a road in MV-90 area with his throat slit and head smashed, they said.
The man was believed to have been killed somewhere else and his body thrown at the site by the assailants, police said.
A piece of paper was found near the body carrying a message that the man was killed as he had been operating in the area as an informer of the security forces.
Efforts were on to identify the body, police said, adding that the deceased was not their informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport