Suspected Maoists kill man in Odisha
Malkangiri: Maoists killed a man suspecting him to be a police informer in Kalimela area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
The body of the unidentified man, aged about 40 years, was found this morning along a road in MV-90 area with his throat slit and head smashed, they said.
The man was believed to have been killed somewhere else and his body thrown at the site by the assailants, police said.
A piece of paper was found near the body carrying a message that the man was killed as he had been operating in the area as an informer of the security forces.
Efforts were on to identify the body, police said, adding that the deceased was not their informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi