Suspected Maoists kill man
Malkangiri: Maoists killed a man suspecting him to be a police informer in Kalimela area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
The body of the unidentified man, aged about 40 years, was found this morning along a road in MV-90 area with his throat slit and head smashed, they said.
The man was believed to have been killed somewhere else and his body thrown at the site by the assailants, police said.
A piece of paper was found near the body carrying a message that the man was killed as he had been operating in the area as an informer of the security forces.
Efforts were on to identify the body, police said, adding that the deceased was not their informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’