Suspected Maoists kill man
Malkangiri: Maoists killed a man suspecting him to be a police informer in Kalimela area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Tuesday.
The body of the unidentified man, aged about 40 years, was found this morning along a road in MV-90 area with his throat slit and head smashed, they said.
The man was believed to have been killed somewhere else and his body thrown at the site by the assailants, police said.
A piece of paper was found near the body carrying a message that the man was killed as he had been operating in the area as an informer of the security forces.
Efforts were on to identify the body, police said, adding that the deceased was not their informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city