Teenager killed in Odisha
Jajpur (Odisha): A 17-year-old college girl was allegedly killed in at a village in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the plus two fist year student was found near a bush at Nipania village under Tomka police station limits yesterday with her throat slit, they said.
Police have sent the body for medical examination to ascertain if she was sexually assaulted before being murdered with a sharp weapon.
In an FIR lodged with the police, the girl`s father has alleged that a youth of the village might have committed the crime as she had rejected outright his proposal for marriage.
“There were multiple injuries on her back and face. Her throat was slit,” said BB Malik, Sub Divisional Police Officer (SDPO).
“We have sent the body for post mortem to arrive at a final conclusion on whether she had been raped before being murdered,” the SDPO said.
Efforts were on to trace the youth named by the girl`s father as he is missing, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez