Three held for Maoist links in Odisha
Malkangiri: Three persons, including a village sarpanch, were arrested for their alleged links with Maoists in Malkangiri district, police said on Friday.
Following a specific intelligence input, Badadural Gram Panchayat Sarpanch Vikram Krishani alias Bhikari, Laxman Sisa and Sonu Pangi were arrested from Mathili yesterday, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Two landmines and one pistol were seized from the trio who were allegedly involved in murder, encounter with security personnel and other violence activities in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured