Three held for Maoist links in Odisha
Malkangiri: Three persons, including a village sarpanch, were arrested for their alleged links with Maoists in Malkangiri district, police said on Friday.
Following a specific intelligence input, Badadural Gram Panchayat Sarpanch Vikram Krishani alias Bhikari, Laxman Sisa and Sonu Pangi were arrested from Mathili yesterday, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Two landmines and one pistol were seized from the trio who were allegedly involved in murder, encounter with security personnel and other violence activities in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth