Three held for Maoist links in Odisha
Malkangiri: Three persons, including a village sarpanch, were arrested for their alleged links with Maoists in Malkangiri district, police said on Friday.
Following a specific intelligence input, Badadural Gram Panchayat Sarpanch Vikram Krishani alias Bhikari, Laxman Sisa and Sonu Pangi were arrested from Mathili yesterday, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Two landmines and one pistol were seized from the trio who were allegedly involved in murder, encounter with security personnel and other violence activities in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir