Three minors among four arrested for raping teen
Phulbani: Four persons, including three minor boys, were arrested for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl about 10 days ago at Raikia in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
The police today said that hunt was on to nab two other accused in connection with the rape that took place behind the Raikia Catholic church on October 27.
"We have arrested four persons, aged between 15 and 19 years, and they have confessed to the crime," said Sub-Divisional Police Officer (G Udayagiri) SDO Sesadeba Bariha.
At least six persons had kidnapped the minor girl while she was returning to her uncle`s home after watching a musical show during Durga Puja and raped her.
The victim had called up her mother who lives in Bhubaneswar and narrated the incident. The girl along with her mother lodged a complaint with the `Mahila` police in Bhubaneswar on October 31, they said, adding the police transferred the case as the incident had taken place at Raikia.
This was the second incident of gang rape in Kandhmal district during Durga Puja celebrations.
A minor was raped and murdered at Simanabadi on October 25. The police had recovered the body from a forest area the following day and three persons were arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation