Trio conspiring against me: Pipili BJD MLA
Bhubaneswar: A BJD member Pradeep Maharathy, who was dropped from the Naveen Patnaik-ministry, on Wednesday alleged a conspiracy against him by three senior party leaders.
"A `Brahma-Bishnu-Maheswar` trio has been conspiring against me," Maharathy, the MLA from Pipili who was dropped last year following the dalit gangrape case, said in the Assembly.
The three were close to the government and were taking decisions against him, he said.
Government chief whip Pravat Tripathy objected to Maharathy`s statement and requested Speaker P K Amat to expunge it.
Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan, however, objected and claimed that Maharathy had not used any unparliamentary words, which needed to be expunged.
The Speaker assured of examining the matter.
Later, outside the House, Maharathy said, "The three are parliamentary affairs minister Kalpataru Das, government chief whip Pravat Tripathy and his deputy Sanjay Dasburma."
Responding to it Tripathy said, "Maharathy is a senior member of the party and is used to making such light statements. There is no truth in his statement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen