Trio conspiring against me: Pipili BJD MLA
Bhubaneswar: A BJD member Pradeep Maharathy, who was dropped from the Naveen Patnaik-ministry, on Wednesday alleged a conspiracy against him by three senior party leaders.
"A `Brahma-Bishnu-Maheswar` trio has been conspiring against me," Maharathy, the MLA from Pipili who was dropped last year following the dalit gangrape case, said in the Assembly.
The three were close to the government and were taking decisions against him, he said.
Government chief whip Pravat Tripathy objected to Maharathy`s statement and requested Speaker P K Amat to expunge it.
Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan, however, objected and claimed that Maharathy had not used any unparliamentary words, which needed to be expunged.
The Speaker assured of examining the matter.
Later, outside the House, Maharathy said, "The three are parliamentary affairs minister Kalpataru Das, government chief whip Pravat Tripathy and his deputy Sanjay Dasburma."
Responding to it Tripathy said, "Maharathy is a senior member of the party and is used to making such light statements. There is no truth in his statement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users